LearnIT Session - Mathematica
from 09:30 AM to 10:30 AM
"Mathematica 9 in Education and Research"
These talks illustrate capabilities in Mathematica 9 that are directly applicable for use in teaching and research on campus. Topics of these
technical talks include:
- Easy-to-use features for new and current users
- Free-form linguistic input
- New Input Assistant and Next Suggestions Bar
- Point-and-click palettes
- 2D and 3D visualization
- Dynamic interactivity & On-demand scientific data
- Example-driven course materials
- Symbolic interface construction
- Digital Image Processing, Parallelization, and Control Systems
- New Wolfram offerings - SystemModeler and Wolfram|Alpha Pro
Current users will benefit from seeing the many improvements and new features of Mathematica 9 (http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/new-in-9/), but prior knowledge of Mathematica is not required.